I have a doctor’s appointment at 4:00 for something that might be cancer. I’m sure I’m fine, but I’m unnerved to say the least. I think any time a doctor looks at you and says, “Yeah, you need to go to a specialist because this might be cancer,” you’re in for a rough ride.
The State of the Union was on last night and I didn’t watch. I should have, but George irks me. I think he’d be a cool guy to go have a drink with, I bet he’d tell good stories, but I’m not a fan of him as president. And it’s not just because he’s Republican. I’m a Yankee, I’m a democrat, and I’d say I’m a little on the liberal side (although a moderate liberal), but I would totally vote for a Republican. I even interned for one in college. But I feel like George Bush is an idiotic little boy, and Dick Cheney sits behind him and pulls all the strings.
Ok, I’m getting off of my soapbox now.
So I’m wearing a new skirt today. It’s knee-length and kind of flowy, and it’s brown and purple and cream paisley. I would have never put this color combination together, but I’m really liking it! And I’ll have you know, I’m wearing NO black today! I’m getting much better about that!
I saw Juno over the weekend and it was very cute. Any movie that can make me laugh and cry within a span of 90 minutes is a good one.
So, finally – finally! – the interview process is over and we offered the position to a former history teacher. She’s super sweet and was looking to get out of teaching because of the ridiculously low pay and headaches. The pay rate for teachers down here is really sad. Probably a quarter of my coworkers at the arena are teachers because they just can’t make ends meet with their salary, especially when they have kids. Meanwhile in my school district in Pennsylvania, teachers made as much as engineers.
I got a new Treo today. Mine was being retarded and needed to be put to sleep. While at the Sprint store, I had a 1.25 hour long wait. The woman in front of me had the same wait, and when she got to the counter, she found that they couldn’t fix her phone because it was a Verizon phone and she was in a Sprint store. She went nuts! She was yelling, pounding on furniture, throwing her bag, etc… It was all I could do to suppress my laughter. Dumbass.
I had lunch with Kristen and Abby, and Abby’s turning into quite the little girlie girl! If you put on lipstick in her presence, you must put it on her, too. If you don’t, she’ll cry. So while sitting at Jack Astor’s, I found myself applying shimmery brown lipstick and powder to an 18-month-old’s face. And I was saying, “Okay, Abby, you’re too young for dark lipstick, so we’ll use the lighter stuff. And the powder will take the shine off of your face, so you won’t be left looking dirty and oily.” Meanwhile her lips are teeny tiny and she has absolutely no shine to her face. It’s really cute. She’s really cute. I’m loving her at this age.
I think I want to get a new couch.
Ok, oh my God. Kristen sent me this sticker thing on Facebook, and some of them are so freaking hilarious!! I ended up being on Facebook for like 30 minutes reading them and laughing to the point of wiping tears from my eyes. One of them says, “I molested myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it.”
1. What does your user name mean? Krizmania was my log-in in high school and I thought it was funny, so I kept it. It’s the first eight letters of my last name, and the first letter of my first name.
2. What is one of your favorite movies? Steel Magnolias
3. What do you miss most about your childhood? Having my brothers around
4. What’s your current relationship status? Happily single
5. What exactly are you wearing right now? Trouser jeans, a gray angora sweater and black flats
6. What is your current problem? Oh wow. Where do I begin?
7. What do you love most? My family and friends.
8. What makes you most happy? Sunny days, my friends, my family and Pepsi
9. Are you musically inclined? Not even a little bit.
10. What do you call your grandparents? K.: Pap-pap and Grammy Gubanic: Grandpap Jim and Grandma
11. Who is someone you regret not keeping in touch with? A guy named Alex. We were friends in college and I swear to God, we shared a brain. Except he was good at math and I was good at english. And I was (and still am) Catholic, and he was (and probably still is) Jewish. But we had the same initials, so we thought it was a sign. But I wonder about him and how he’s doing.
12. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what would you be? A dolphin. I’m kinda curious as to what goes on beneath the ocean.
13. Ever have a near death experience? Not that I know of.
14. Name an obvious quality you have? I’m honest and nice to everyone.
15. What store do most of the clothes in your closet come from? Hmm… top three are Banana Republic, The Limited and Target
16. Are you happy today? I’m alright. I think I have the flu, so I feel like crap. But a co-worker came to my rescue, and rather than go to the RBC Center tonight, I get to go to bed! Woo!
17. If you had to teach a class on any topic, what would it be? The importance of good grammar! Sounds silly, but in my line of work, it really helps.
18. Name someone with the same birthday as you: My cousin, Matthew
19. Do you have a secret crush on someone? Besides you, no.
20. Do you have a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink? Yes
21. Have you ever been in a fight? Never a physical fight, no.
22. Have you ever sang in front of a large audience? LOL. I’ve done karaoke and it was baaaaaad.
23. What’s the first thing you notice about the OPPOSITE sex: How they carry themselves
24. What’s your biggest mistake? Not saying how I feel
25. Say something totally random about you? I have a very small (although long) neck
26. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? Yeah. I get Drew Barrymore alllll the time. I think it’s because of how I talk.
27. Are you comfortable with your height? Yeah, 5’8” is pretty good, although I wish my legs were shorter so pants could fit better.
28. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? For Valentine’s Day one year, Shel kept bringing out box after box of presents, and each time, he acted like he forgot he had more in the back.
29. What is your favorite smell? I don’t know the name of the cologne, but I love it. Vague, I know.
30. What’s something that really annoys you? People who aren’t nice
31. What’s something you really like? I like to read and watch football. Oh, and I really (really) like shopping. But I’m not allowed to buy any more clothing till the spring.
32. Do you give random hugs and kisses? Yep! Hugs mostly.
33. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up? Besides the time I flew to London and was awake for 36 hours, it would be 5am. We couldn’t stop talking.
34. Have you ever been rushed to the emergency room? No, but I’ve gone there because of my spider bite.
35. What is the best advice your parents ever gave you? Treat others the way you want to be treated. I really try to live by that.
Howdy doo. I’m back from Pennsylvania. While there, the temperatures never ventured above freezing. Yuk. It was a pretty emotional weekend. Every family has issues and mine is no exception. All kinds of past issues reared their ugly heads. You know, the kinds of issues that made Jason an unemotional, unflinchingly blunt man, which happen to be the same issues that made me the kind of girl who will do anything and everything to avoid hurting someone or making them upset. Jason and I took the same childhood and went in opposite directions and we’re both sort of screwed up, but we’re very, very close.
So, issues aside it was a good weekend. Rather than make a slideshow, I’m just going to insert some of my favorite pictures. We did lots of shopping and eating and football watching. My parents sent us in the direction of a club they thought catered to our age group, but in fact catered to theirs. Despite being at least 20 years younger than the crowd, it was funny and we stayed.
Gregory seems very healthy and emotionally upbeat, which made me happy. He has a really good outlook about everything. He’ll be in the States for another nine days before heading back to the desert. He made a hilarious DVD, which I have with me (let me know if you want to see it). It’s Iraqi Cribs, done in the same vein as MTV Cribs. Gregory’s a very creative little one!
Ummm… airport disasters galore, none of which I care to discuss as I’d like to remain calm. Stupid, stupid airlines!!! Let me put it to you this way: one of my connecting ‘flights’ was actually a bus, and I picked up my luggage at lunch today. Seriously.
I’m sick. Boo. I think it’s a cold or something. I don’t know. But I’m cranky and just want to lay in bed. Too bad there’s a basketball game tonight. At least it’ll be short and warm. Friday’s event will be long and cold. Kristen’s coming to my rescue and bringing me medicine. There are some perks to having a best friend who deals with drugs for a living. She’s always got lots of medicine laying around! She lives off of Cary Parkway, which is really close to Weston, so it’s pretty convenient to visit me.
So, Super Bowl XLII is the Giants and Patriots. I didn’t see this one coming, but go Giants! I hate the Patriots. I used to like them until their coach turned evil, so now they’re my least favorite. Maybe I even like them less than the Cowboys. I don’t know. Being a lifelong football fan, I can appreciate how cool it would be to have a team go 19-0, but, no. Not the Patriots.
I was driving today and my car was acting funny. Like when I braked, it was really sudden, which freaked me out. Then I realized I accidentally had it on the manual side. Oops. My car is entirely too complicated for me. (my car has the gear thingy where you can go from automatic to manual and I don’t know how to work it)
Mmmmm… Pepsi and Combos! Delicious and nutritious!
Ugh. I’m going to be sick. I’ve eaten a ridiculous amount of sugar today. We had a surprise baby shower for a co-worker, which capped off a very girly week for me, and at the shower were tons of goodies. Cake, brownies, cookies, punch, etc… I had two pieces of cake and about five glasses of punch. When it comes to sweets, I unfortunately do very little in moderation!
But yeah, girlie week. Lunch with Quri, after-school special with Tiffany and Kri (and wine and ice cream!), then movie night with Kristen and Abby yesterday. Oh my. Ok, so Kristen’s mom bought Abby a bunch of Disney movies on DVD for Christmas, and they were fakes!!! I couldn’t stop laughing. We watched Beauty and the Beast, and Belle’s hair bow was half white and half blue, the images were grainy and the color was totally off. It looked like the artists weren’t able to color in the lines, and I thought it was the funniest thing. Abby didn’t notice, but Kristen and I were amused. In case you’re wondering, Kristen’s mom got the movies from ebay. Gotta love ebay!
After the movie, we went to the mall to get Kristen some new maternity clothes, and I ended up with Abby most of the time. And I was wearing stilettos. When we finally made it out to the car, I could barely walk. My feet were absolutely killing me. Me on stilettos walking around a mall sucks, me carrying a baby while walking around a mall in stilettos is torture. But Kristen got some nice stuff, and Abby and I had fun, so whatever.
Right now Gregory is on an airplane from Georgia to Pennsylvania! I’m super happy to report that he made it to the United States safe and sound! I found out on Tuesday that he was out of Iraq, which was a huge relief, but it’s even better now that he’s in the US. And I’ll see him tomorrow! And I’ll see Jason and Laurie and Lisa and Bear and Ben and Savannah and my parents tomorrow, too! Unfortunately the weather is going to be freaking freezing! Blah! Nearly everything I packed is either a sweater, a turtleneck or a sweater turtleneck.
I leave for the Lehigh Valley in five days – yay! I have a few books to keep my company on the flights. I’m flying into Lehigh’s airport rather than Philly’s, so I have a million lay-overs, which is fine by me because the Philly airport sucks. I have yet to run across a friendly employee. I hate that my parents live on the other side of the state now. I miss going to Pittsburgh. I haven’t been there in over a year, and I’m feeling a little homesick.
I’m feeling fatter than usual, and I know I haven’t gained any weight, so I think I’m having issues because I’m about to see my mother. It’s not easy being the only daughter of a petite, blonde woman, especially when you’re 5’8″ with dark hair and dark eyes. She’s always been overly critical about my appearance, and although she seems satisfied with how I look now, that wasn’t always the case, and she has never been shy about making her opinion – regardless of how negative – known. Ugh.
So, what’s-her-face lied, and apparently Jared is NOT returing to the arena. It’s a relief. When I thought he was coming back, my first instinct was to quit, but I’m glad I didn’t because it would have been unwarranted. Last night I asked Lori (my boss) if she heard anything from Jared about returning, and she said that he hasn’t contacted her since June, when he resigned. So, yeah. They’re both liars.
It’s wierd that I’ll type his name now, but when we were doing whatever it was that we were doing, I never typed his name on here. He noticed and called me on it, but I guess it was a way for me to try to keep my distance, to try to be as unattached to him as possible. It worked VERY well…
I got a new picture for my dining room – hooray! I looked for a long time, but I figured when I found the right thing, I would know. And I knew! It’s a big picture of a house or something with grass and trees and a dirt road. I don’t know. I’m not doing a good job explaining it, but it’s warm and peaceful and calm and I really, really like it. It’s the first thing you see when you walk into my apartment. I just read the sentence I wrote about the picture, and it sounds really ugly, so maybe I’ll take a picture of my picture (ha!) and post it.
I’m registered to vote in North Carolina, but I don’t think my address is correct in the system, so I need to get that fixed before the primaries. I think they’re relatively soon, but I’m not sure. I was bummed that Hillary won the N.H. primary. I’m all about having a woman president – I think it’s about time – but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I don’t know what it is. My vote is for Obama. He seems very refreshing and I think we need a big change in the White House. This Iraq crap has to end, and I’m not just saying that because of my brother. Kristen and Erich got me a Bushisms calendar for Christmas. (and a gift certificate for a massage!) It gives daily quotes that highlight Bush’s idiocy, and it also counts down to the end of his term. Erich, my staunch Republican friend, said it was hard for him to buy that calendar, and that it should show me how much he likes me that he was able to do so. LOL. Wait… I think most of my friends are Republicans. How did that happen? Seriously?