I just got off of my morning phone call with Shel. He calls every day on his way to work. I tell him he’s my little ray of sunshine, which is dripping with sarcasm. He generally complains about coworkers, other drivers on their way into RTP and life in general. Today’s rant was against state government employees, who he thinks are useless, which I think is amusing because two of his closest friends are state employees, and Shel used to be.
So, yesterday was a complete and utter bust. Around 10am I got a headache that got progressively worse, and by 9pm I was in bed with cold compresses on my head. I was in so much pain I could barely move. I laid in the dark and listened to the television until I fell asleep. It was awful. Although I feel fine now – a minor headache – I’m afraid it’s going to come back.
Yesterday Jason – my big tough guy, gun wielding, badge carrying brother – called me with genuine joy in his voice. Ben, his dog, my nephew, was given the ‘Pet of the Week’ award at Noah’s Ark Daycare. LOL. Aahhhh. The life of Jason. One minute busting down doors of drug dealers, the next minute picking his pet up from doggy daycare.
LOL. Some guy in the office is singing ‘Roxanne’. It’s freaking hilarious. I love when people with bad voices don’t care how they sound and sing anyway.
Time for another meaningless survey!
01. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?
Yay! Chewy Spree, Trident Original gum, a Slim Jim, Pepsi, a blue slushie and maybe some Doritos
02. CHAT PROGRAM YOU USE AT WORK?
Windows Live Messenger to talk to SRC folks, and AIM Express cause I love how the View> Buddy Info on All feature lets me see everyone’s away message/profile at once
03. WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?
Jason, of course
04. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU’RE AT AN IHOP?
Big Basic, baby! Scrambled eggs with cheese, pancakes and bacon. Yum! (no, I don’t finish it)
05. LAST BOOK YOU READ?
The Big Beautiful. It was alright.
06. ARE YOU A GOOD TIPPER?
I think so. Well, depends on service, I guess. But I try to tip well.
07. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVOURITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR.
Wow. Kinda personal. Victoria’s Secret Pink thong – I have a bunch. They’re cute and comfy.
08. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.
Last month at the RBC Center I sliced a chunk of skin from my index finger. Didn’t feel it happen, but it left a small scar.
09. OF ALL YOUR FRIENDS, WITH WHOM WOULD YOU WANT TO BE STUCK IN A WELL?
Either Kristen or Shel. But all of my friends are awesome, so should I find myself stuck in a well, I’d be happy to have any of them in there with me.
10. HAVE YOU EVER CRIED YOURSELF TO SLEEP?
11. WHAT IS THE WALLPAPER ON YOUR CELLPHONE?
Little purple flowers
12. KISS WITH YOUR EYES OPEN OR CLOSED?
Closed, but sometimes I peek
13. WHAT KIND OF LUNCH BOX DID YOU HAVE AS A KID?
A brown paper lunch bag. My mom would write my name on it with a heart. It probably would have been cheaper and more environmentally friendly to have a box, though.
14. WHAT TYPE OF SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
A ¾ length sleeve, fuchsia knit from Banana Republic
15. PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION?
Albuterol and whatever my bc is
16. HAVE YOU EVER FELT AN EARTHQUAKE?
I spent almost two weeks in LA/San Diego, so I would assume I felt little teeny tiny ones while I was out there
17. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED AS SOME SORT OF SEA DWELLING CREATURE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
A killer whale
18. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CRUSH ON A TEACHER?
19. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR OWN FUNERAL?
No way, jose! Death scares me too much to think about that stuff.
20. MOST RECENT MOVIE YOU WATCHED IN A THEATER?
21. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Not a clue. I’m not that creative.
22. DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER?
No! I tried once or twice, but was startled by how bad my voice sounded, so I don’t do it anymore.
23. HAVE YOU EVER WITNESSED A CRIME?
I’ve seen illegal activity, but I don’t know if that counts as witnessing a crime
24. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF CAKE?
Vanilla cake with chocolate icing
25. DO YOU LIKE HAVING YOUR PICTURE TAKEN?
I don’t mind it, but I’d rather be the person taking the picture.
26. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR MOM IN PERSON?
Aaww. Memorial Day weekend, but I’ll see her next month.
27. DO YOU LIKE TO GIVE HUGS?
Absolutely, they’re great
28. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT?
LOL. A Slim Jim, Goldfish crackers and Pepsi
29. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN RESIDING IN THE CURRENT CITY YOU LIVE IN?
30. EVER DONE DRUGS?
Tried pot once in college. Not my thing or my scene.
31. EVER EATEN AN ENTIRE PACKAGE OF OREOS?
No, not a fan
32. LOOK TO YOUR LEFT. WHAT DO YOU SEE?
My favorite green pen
33. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON THAT SPENT $100 ON YOU?
34. WHO ARE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS?
William, Melissa, Jason and Gregory
35. DO YOU DO CROSSWORD PUZZLES?
36. DO YOU LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK?
Ummm… not really, but I’ve made peace with my appearance
37. WHAT DO YOU DO AS SOON AS YOU GET HOME?
Put my keys in the little basket, lock my door and take my shoes off
39. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. My dad saw ‘Alicia’ in his company directory, liked it and gave it to me. People in my family had never heard of it and were like, “huh?”
40. ARE YOU TICKLISH?
Yes, very! Especially my feet and my sides. If you poke me in a certain spot, I literally crumble to the ground. It’s embarrassing.